Am i a sucker?

Old April 18th 04, 03:15 AM
Cin

Default Am i a sucker?

Hi everyone, Atlas and i just got home from our sunday morning obediance
classes. They had the meeting after and i hung around to listen.

I have been asked to help out first thing in the morning with vetting the
dogs.
They then asked me if i was willing to learn to train so if someone is away
i can fill in.
Then they are talking about a fun day and need help organising it
Also signed me up to help out at the trials in november (said it is better
to watch a few before i enter Atlas in it so we know what we are doing)
On top of that i am working with the RSPCA organizing the million paws walk
and selling chocolates to raise money for them.

Cant say i dont like being around animals...

Cin

--
-------------------------------------

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~c.collings/

We really never lose the ones we love...
They live forever within our hearts.

They say a man isn't dead unless he is forgotten, my brother will never be
forgotten

When a baby is born the angels weep and humans rejoice. When a loved one
dies, humans weep, but the angels rejoice."

Old April 20th 04, 07:02 AM
Lynn K.

"Cin" wrote in message ...
Hi everyone, Atlas and i just got home from our sunday morning obediance
classes. They had the meeting after and i hung around to listen.

Sucker :-) Willing new blood is a treasure to be immediately grabbed. Enjoy!

Lynn K.
Old April 20th 04, 07:21 AM
Cin

Sucker :-) Willing new blood is a treasure to be immediately grabbed.

Enjoy!

I will

I actually cant wait, i love going each sunday morning and feel crap when a
class is called off. I didnt think i would like it this much!

cin

Old April 20th 04, 12:44 PM
Judy

"Cin" wrote in message
I actually cant wait, i love going each sunday morning and feel crap when

class is called off. I didnt think i would like it this much!

You are SO hooked. Welcome to the club. It's a great place. Full of great
people and great dogs. What more could you ask for?

When I started puppy classes with Spenser, DH went along most of the time.
But he didn't get hooked. Then Spenser and I started agility and he still
rode along most of the time but he didn't get hooked. He was happy that
Spenser and I were enjoying ourselves but.........

And then at some point he started to get it. Pretty soon he was going with
us all the time and missing it when they cancelled class. ("Wimps! It's
just a little thunderstorm!") He started building agility equipment. Some
jumps and a make-shift dog walk. Our yard now looks like a doggy daycare
center. Cars literally slow down and passengers point and stare at it.

And now we have a second dog. HIS to run and train. Our life, especially
in trial season, revolves around agility trials and classes. We have three
different types of sun-shelters for trials. We're looking at RVs - not for
camping but so the dogs have a familiar, quiet, cool place to nap between
runs.

And we're not even particularly GOOD at it! It's just so darned much fun!
I can't even explain why. For us it's agility and earth dog. The specific
competition doesn't matter. It's the time and teamwork with the dogs that
is the integral part. I know people think we're crazy. Maybe they're
right - at least a little - but I really don't care.

Now I do have a question - Why is it that when I leave DH sitting on the
sidelines with the dogs, I return to find him surrounded by women (well,
maybe one or two at a time) all petting his dogs and chatting? And yet if
he goes off to get coffee and leaves me with the dogs, all I get is an
occasional little kid?
--
~~Judy
"Dogs are not our whole life, but

Old April 21st 04, 07:11 AM
Cin

And then at some point he started to get it. Pretty soon he was going
with
us all the time and missing it when they cancelled class. ("Wimps! It's
just a little thunderstorm!")

Our classes only get called off if there is a trial and no one to teach or
if it is a public holiday. The only time they called off because of the
weather was when it was too windy to hear, they told me that was the only
time in 18 years it was cancelled. So we go rain hail or shine!

He started building agility equipment

There are no agility classes around here, i have been looking and have my
eye out but nothing so far

I know people think we're crazy. Maybe they're
right - at least a little - but I really don't care.

Dogs are better then people anyway, so who cares what they think

Cin