frequent urination problem

Old January 15th 04, 06:13 PM
Jason Wong

Default frequent urination problem

I'm the owner of a 1 yr old female beagle/hound mix named Billy (and
cute as a button!) who has had frequent urination since I've gotten
her at 5 months of age. She averages about 8 trips to the bathroom a
day (4 in the morning, 4 in the evening, give or take a few). She is
also a really picky eater, and won't finish her bowl of Natural Choice
lamb and outmeal dry kibble unless I add water to it. She usually has
to go to the bathroom before her meal, and then sometimes won't finish
her food until she goes to the bathroom again! And then she has to go
after her meal. Mealtimes are also very strange, she has this odd
behaviour of nudging the bowl farther and farther away with her nose.
It's almost as if she wants to topple it over (which she can do!) or
she's trying to rub her nose on the carpet out of aggrevation. Weird!

Anyway we've just gotten used to her odd habits but I wonder if there
might be some underlying problem behind it. She was diagnosed with a
vaginal infection at 6 months of age, but a urine test showed she had
no bowel infection. Her picky eating habits started around this time,
and my guess is because I had to feed her antibiotics by forcing them
down her mouth (I soon learned the peanut butter trick and stuck with
that!).

Any thoughts? I'm not convinced this us a urinary tract infection
since my vet ruled that out 6 months ago. There is no blood in her
urine, no odd colour or odor, and she doesn't strain or cry while
urinating. Hope you guys can help!

frequent urination problem Jason Wong Dog behavior 15 January 17th 04 12:19 AM
frequent urination problem Jason Wong Dog behavior 0 January 15th 04 06:13 PM
urination problem. Rob Dog behavior 6 December 15th 03 04:06 PM
urination problem. Rob Dog behavior 0 December 13th 03 02:30 PM
urination problem. Rob Dog behavior 0 December 13th 03 02:30 PM