Rusty's First Shows!

Old January 17th 04, 10:35 PM
Emily Carroll

Default Rusty's First Shows!

Rusty, my little Fox Red Lab puppy, has his first three shows this weekend.

Yesterday he was the only 6-9 puppy entered in his class, which he of course
won, but did absolutely nothing in Winners (the judge didn't even look at
him.) Probably because he boing-ied through the whole thing.

Today he did much better, after I settled down and got rid of my jitters.
He performed much better than I'd anticipated (knock on wood--tomorrow's the
3rd day). The judge watched him very carefully, but ended up placing him 5
of 5. (Today was a major and the pros were out en masse).

I was very dissapointed with the quality of the dogs being shown, though I
wasn't at all surprised. I didn't watch judging today, but I did on
Friday...and Rusty was the only one that wasn't overweight, most by about 10
lbs or more. I cringed at some of his classmates today--those poor babies
are going to be limping by the time they're 8. Most of them had extremely
poor reach as well and little rear angulation.

I was very happy, though, when someone came up (a spectator) and basically
confirmed my opinions above.

The BF came to watch on Friday, and was curious about Flyball...so we
watched Flyball...he's quite impressed. Though that is *not* a sport Rusty
will be competing in.

--
Emily Carroll
Fluttervale Labradors: www.fluttervale.com

---

Dog shows... rocknrollover.com Dog breeds 74 September 24th 04 04:07 AM
Dog shows... rocknrollover.com Dog activities 2 September 17th 04 07:50 PM
Dog Shows Cin Dog breeds 10 April 7th 04 12:38 PM
Dog Shows KnnthClark Dog activities 2 October 16th 03 07:19 AM
Rusty's latest trick... Emily Carroll Dog behavior 0 October 8th 03 01:52 PM