Bella went home today

Old January 22nd 04, 02:56 AM
Cate

Default Bella went home today

I lifted this from alt.true-crime. I don't have a url.

Couple Had Adopted Bella For Their Daughter's Birthday

POSTED: 4:54 PM PST January 21, 2004
UPDATED: 5:04 PM PST January 21, 2004

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Bella, the precocious pooch whose fate has
captivated
the Bay Area for most of the week, has been returned to owner Niki
Karanastasis, Humane Society Silicon Valley President Christine Benninger
announced this afternoon.

"At approximately 3 p.m. today, Bella was returned to the Humane Society
and
was reunited with her owners, Niki and Peter," Benninger said.

The couple that had adopted Bella earlier this month returned the dog
following the extensive media attention the case has received and after
being assured that Karanastasis was the rightful owner of the 2-year-old
golden retriever.

"They wanted to make certain that Bella was actually owned by Niki and
Peter," Benninger said

--

Thank the gods the adopters came to their senses.

Cate

Old January 22nd 04, 04:14 AM

Cate wrote:
I lifted this from alt.true-crime. I don't have a url.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...21/bella21.DTL

That's fabulous news.

In fiscal 2003, personal bankruptcies grew by 7.8%.
Corporate bankruptcies fell 7.4%.

Old January 22nd 04, 05:25 AM
Manadero

From: Cate
Date: 1/21/2004 8:56 PM Eastern Standard Time

I lifted this from alt.true-crime. I don't have a url.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/

Thank doG. Perhaps the child (as the parents apparently have no feelings)
finally told her parents she'd like a dog of her own....

"They wanted to make certain that Bella was actually owned by Niki and
Peter," Benninger said

Uh huh... sure.

The negative media attention and the fact that they were being sued for the dog
had no impact... they were really just worried about *her*. (The understanding
Greek commands Golden who all agreed days ago belonged to Niki)

I wouldn't say they came to their senses... but I'm glad to see that even if
they have no moral compass of their own, it was possible for them to be shamed
into doing the Right Thing.

Robin

Old January 22nd 04, 05:25 AM
Manadero